To secure your faxes with Crazytel using PGP, please follow the sets below.
1. Go to gpg4win.org
and download the program. Follow the steps to install and make sure that GPGOL
is selected (this must be installed)
2. The program Kleopatra will now be installed. Run this program.
3. You will now need to create a New Key Pair
. If this is the first time running the program it will pop up asking your to create one, otherwise you can go File -> New Key Pair
.4. Select Create a personal OpenPGP key pair.
5. Enter your Name
and Email Address
and click Next
6. You do not need to enter a passphrase, but if you choose not to anyone who has access to the computer can access the key pair.
7. Click Finish
8. Right Click and Export
the key you just created. Open this file with Notepad
9. Go to the Crazytel Portal and in the left hand menu go to Secure Fax -> Configure.
10. Click the Create Secure Fax
button in the top right corner.
11. Fill out the details below: - SECURE FAX NAME -
A unique name used to easily identify the Fax. - EMAIL ADDRESS -
The email address the fax will be received on.
- PDF PASSWORD - Add additional security by added in password to the PDF Files. This is optional.
- PGP KEY - Paste the PGP key you have open in Notepad.
12. Click Submit.
13. You will now need to add the Secure Fax service to a DID. Go to Number Management -> My Numbers
and click on the number you wish to us for Faxes. In the First Destination
select Secure Fax
and then in the Forwarding Destination
select the secure service you just configured.
13. You will need to restart Outlook
to ensure the PGP settings will take full effect. You should now be able to receive encrypted faxes.